ABOUT YOUR EARNINGS FROM GM
How You Earn
You earn 5% for each $1 in Net Purchases made on dealership parts and service at authorized new GM Vehicle Dealers. You earn 3% for each $1 in Net
Purchases made in gas stations, restaurants and office supply stores. You earn 1% for each $1 spent on all other Net Purchases with no limit on the amount of Earnings that can be accumulated.
You will not receive Earnings on any:
- Cash Advances
- Convenience Checks or Transfer Checks or any other account access checks
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM) withdrawals
- Finance charges, fees and certain other non-product/service transactions
- Money orders, traveler's checks, postage stamps, savings bonds, gambling transactions, casino betting chips, lottery tickets and other cash-like transactions
How You May Redeem
Your available Earnings:
- may not be redeemed for cash or any cash equivalent;
- can be redeemed toward the purchase or lease of more than 30 eligible, new vehicles from Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac;
- may be redeemed in their entirety;
- are in addition to other discounts GM may offer.
Please visit buypowerbusinesscard.com for full Earnings Program details.
When You May Redeem
Earnings do not expire and can be used anytime unless already used, your account is closed, or your Earnings are terminated under The BuyPower Business Card Earnings Program Rules.
To participate in this program, your BuyPower Business Card Account must be open and in good standing. All Earnings and redemptions are subject to The BuyPower Business Card Earnings Program Rules. These rules will be sent to you after you become a Cardmember.
GM reserves the right to change or terminate the Program and its rules or awards at any time.
The marks of General Motors, its divisions, slogans, emblems, vehicle model names, vehicle body designs and other marks appearing in this document are the trademarks and/or service marks and/or copyrighted property of General Motors LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES & TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By applying, I, as the Business Signer, understand that I am not eligible for this offer if:
- My application is received after the offer has expired, is incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate or cannot be verified.
- My address is not in one of the following locations: the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or a U.S. military location.
- My address is a correctional institution.
- I am under 18 or do not have a valid Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
- I have 5 or more open credit card accounts with Capital One or have been in default on a Capital One credit card within the past year.
"Capital One credit card" may refer to any card issued by Capital One, including co-brand and retail cards.
The Business Signer and the Business, through the Business Signer, hereafter collectively referred to as "we", hereby:
- Apply to Capital One, N.A. (Capital One®) and request that Capital One establish a BuyPower Business Card account ("Account") and issue a credit card on the Account to the Business Signer whose signature appears on this application and to all "Authorized Users" for whom additional cards are requested.
- Agree that the Business Signer is a representative of the Business who is authorized to sign documents for the Business and legally bind it. We agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Customer Agreement, and future revisions thereof that will be sent to us after the account is opened, including the provision therein that the Customer Agreement and the Account will be governed by Virginia and federal law.
- Acknowledge and agree that all cards and convenience checks will be used solely for business or commercial purposes and not for personal, family or household purposes.
- Agree that the Business and the Business Signer will be liable for all transactions made with all cards and convenience checks on the Account.
- Acknowledge that each Authorized User is duly employed by the Business as of the date a card is requested for such Authorized User.
- Agree to be individually, jointly and severally liable for all charges to the card(s) issued to the above Authorized Users.
- Agree that the Business Signer and the Business, including all Authorized Users, may be contacted by Capital One from time to time regarding all cards and the account as described in the Customer Agreement. For example, providing a mobile telephone number in connection with this account expressly permits Capital One to use that number to contact the relevant party. Contact includes receiving calls and messages, including prerecorded messages, text messages and calls with an automatic telephone dialer (autodialer), from Capital One and their authorized agents.
- Authorize the receipt and exchange of credit information on both the Business Signer and the Business, including the exchange of information between Capital One and affiliates. Our agreement terms (for example, rates and fees) are subject to change. Everything that is stated in this application is true to the best of our knowledge. We understand that the Business Signer and each Authorized User must be 18 years or older and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien and that the Business must be a U.S. business with an address inside of the 50 United States, Washington, D.C., or a U.S. military location to qualify for this offer. In addition, we understand that the Business Signer must hold a position, such as owner or president, having the authority to legally bind the Business. We understand that approval is based upon satisfying Capital One's credit standards. Any delinquencies and default history may be considered in determining creditworthiness.
- Authorize Capital One and GM to exchange information about my application and my Account so that I can receive the benefits and services of this Card rewards program, and so that GM can inform me of additional information, offers, and opportunities.
- Authorize Capital One to check the Business's credit record and the Business Signer's credit record and employment history. Capital One may contact the Business Signer to obtain or confirm application information. Capital One's decision to contact the Business Signer may be based on creditworthiness. The Business and Business Signer understand that Capital One will retain this application whether or not it is approved. This offer is nontransferable.
- Guarantor acknowledges that he or she is an owner of, or partner in, as applicable, the Company and further acknowledges receipt of consideration for this Guaranty.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS CARD
How Do You Apply My Payment?
We generally apply payments up to your minimum payment first to the balance with the lowest APR (including 0% APR), and then to balances with higher APRs. We apply any part of your payment exceeding your minimum payment to the balance with the highest APR, and then to balances with lower APRs. We do this based on the APRs in effect and balances owed on the day your payment posts to your account.
How Can I Avoid Paying Interest Charges? If you pay your Statement's "New Balance" in full by the due date, we will not charge interest on any new transactions that post to the purchase Segment. If you have been paying your Account in full without Interest Charges, but fail to pay your next "New Balance" in full, we will charge interest on the portion of the balance that you did not pay. For Cash Advances, we will start charging interest on the transaction date. Certain promotional offers may allow you to pay less than the total new balance and avoid paying Interest Charges on new purchases.
How Do You Calculate The Interest Charge? We use a method called Average Daily Balance (including new transactions).
- First, for each Segment, we take the beginning balance each day and add in new transactions and the periodic Interest Charge on the previous day's balance. Then we subtract any payments and credits for that Segment as of that day. The result is the daily balance for each Segment.
- Next, for each Segment, we add the daily balances together and divide the sum by the number of days in the Billing Cycle. The result is the Average Daily Balance for each Segment.
- At the end of each Billing Cycle, we multiply your Average Daily Balance for each Segment by the daily periodic rate (APR divided by 365) for that Segment, and then we multiply the result by the number of days in the Billing Cycle. We add the Interest Charges for all Segments together. The result is your total Interest Charge for the Billing Cycle. If you do not pay in full the balance attributed to promotional item(s) purchased on a Same As Cash Credit Plan within the promotional rate period, your APR calculation will factor in the sum of all of the balances attributed to the promotional item(s) over the entire promotional rate period.
NOTE: Due to rounding or a minimum Interest Charge, this calculation may vary slightly from the Interest Charge actually assessed.
How Is The Interest Charge Applied? Interest Charges accrue from the date of the transaction or the first day of the Billing Cycle. Interest Charges accrue on every unpaid amount until it is paid in full. This means you may owe Interest Charges even if you pay the entire "New Balance" for one Billing Cycle, but did not do so the previous Billing Cycle. Unpaid Interest Charges are added to the corresponding Segment of your Account.
Are Unauthorized Use Claims Subject To Investigation And Verification? Yes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CREDIT REPORTING
We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT:
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you:
When you apply for or open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
MILITARY LENDING ACT NOTICE
Federal law provides important protections to members of the Armed Forces and their dependents relating to extensions of consumer credit. In general, the cost of consumer credit to a member of the Armed Forces and his or her dependent may not exceed an annual percentage rate of 36 percent. This rate must include, as applicable to the credit transaction or account: The costs associated with credit insurance premiums; fees for ancillary products sold in connection with the credit transaction; any application fee charged (other than certain application fees for specified credit transactions or accounts); and any participation fee charged (other than certain participation fees for a credit card account).
To hear this same disclosure and a general description of your payment obligations for this credit card account, please call us toll-free at: 844-788-8999.
During any period in which the Military Lending Act ("the Act") applies to you, no provision of your Cardholder Agreement that is inconsistent with the Act shall apply and your Cardholder Agreement shall be interpreted to comply with the Act.
NOTICE FOR OHIO RESIDENTS:
Ohio anti-discrimination laws require creditors to make credit equally available to all creditworthy customers
and that credit reporting agencies maintain separate credit histories on individuals upon request. The Ohio Civil Rights Commission administers these laws.
NOTICE FOR NEW YORK AND VERMONT RESIDENTS: Capital One may obtain at any time your credit reports, for any legitimate purpose associated
with the account or the application or request for an account, including but not limited to reviewing, modifying, renewing and collecting on your account.
On your request, you will be informed if such a report was ordered. If so, you will be given the name and address of the consumer reporting agency
furnishing the report. New York residents may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services by telephone or visit its website for free
information on comparative credit card rates, fees and grace periods. New York State Department of Financial Services:
1-877-226-5697 or http://www.dfs.ny.gov.
NOTICE FOR WISCONSIN RESIDENTS: No provision of any marital agreement, unilateral statement, or court order applying to marital
property will adversely affect a creditor's interests unless prior to the time credit is granted, the creditor is furnished with a copy of the agreement,
statement or court order, or has actual knowledge of the provision. If you are married, by submitting your credit card application you are confirming
that this credit card obligation is being incurred in the interest of your marriage and your family. If the credit card for which you are applying is
granted, you will notify the Bank if you have a spouse who needs to receive notification that credit has been extended to you.
Capital One, N.A. is the issuer of and is solely responsible for the administration of this credit card. General Motors ("GM") is responsible for the operation and administration of the Earnings Program.
Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
© Capital One. Capital One is a federally
registered service mark.
Products and services offered by Capital One, N.A. Capital One supports information privacy protection: see our website